Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun shoot Saturday!

Gary sent this email out announcing the fun shoot this Saturday. If you don't shoot them you should consider it. They are more of an accuracy based sport than USPSA, but they're low stress and a lot of fun. Ben and I are going to try to make this one
H-

"I do not have an exact round count as yet, it will probably be a bit over 100. Be prepared, your challenge this month will be a couple of slow swinging targets and a sled/trolley car thing rolling down a hill, along with the usual Bull's-eye, PPC, Pins and choose your own clays, and some small steel, far, far, away. No food this month.

Due to some issues in the last couple of shoots, and the number of new/newer shooters, I am asking for volunteers to be squad leaders. I know we sorta do that now, but I want it a bit more formalized, and the squad leaders will be my deputies and my posse during the shoot. Their primary mission will be that of "safety cop". I need people who have the experience to run a squad, and the guts to Dismiss an unsafe shooter. It will be the squad leader who will keep the squad organized and moving along. You folks pretty much do that part already.
I will also do a "Walk thru" of the stages with the leaders (and anyone else who cares to tag along), so they will understand what is going on at each stage. This will hopefully eliminate the first few minutes at each stage, with everyone standing around wondering what the heck my description means.

If you are interested please return e-mail me.


Schedule is; Saturday July 26th
Setup starts at 8:30
Registration at 9 ish
Walk thru 9:40
Shooters brief 9:55
Noise at 10:00

Cost: $15 for majors, $5 for minors

Dogs and drinks for sale.

Remember these few safety rules:
No gun handling AT ALL anywhere but at the safe tables, and when instructed to by a squad leader. If you need to do a repair or adjustment, use the safe tables or ask a SL.
Do not load your gun until instructed to do so by your SL (loading mags and such is ok, except on a safe table)
Keep the muzzle down range, always.

Caliber limitations:
We will be shooting steel. Given that, there are some caliber limitations when shooting steel:
No bottle neck rounds except .357 Sig.
No rifle cartridges
No cartridges with velocities over 1500 fps. If you're not positive, come ask me.
There are safety concerns here, as well as damage potential to the targets. Violations of these limits will have you dismissed for the day, and you will pay to have any damaged targets or shooters replaced.


Thanks

gary"

2 comments:

gary said...

The jury is in! 120, the round count be...

g

Rob said...

My comment would be "fun". Been there, shot that, what more can I say. Thanks to Gary and his crew for all of their hard work putting on this event. I'll be back. (You've been warned!)