The August Fun Shoot, normally scheduled for the 4th weekend was last weekend. It was part of the bigger steel shoot we had on the 22nd. Expect more schedule changes to come. We do plan on having a normal fun shoot on September 25th, but I believe we're going to start doing advance sign up so we can get the squads more even and organized.
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Thanks to everyone for coming and out and shooting with us. I think we were all disappointed to not shoot the rifle stage, but we will do it sometime in the future. Without further ado here are today's results. It's kind of hard to compare so I'll break it down by stages first, then by totals:
On Sunday, August 22nd we will be hosting a match at York Izaak Walton. I don't really know what to call this match. It has a lot of possibilities and should appeal to just about everyone. I'm going to just give you the details:
- You may enter a 3 man team, 2 man team, or as an individual
- There will be 3 stages
- Match fee is $30 regardless of how many people you have on your team
- There will be no payouts or prizes
- One person may sign up twice maximum (individually or as part of a team(s)
- Each stage will have 60 pieces of steel
- The time out for each stage will be 60 seconds
- You may shoot all three stages with either pistol, pistol caliber carbine, or shotgun.
- Every member of the team must use the same type of gun from the same distance on each stage.
- You may shoot stage 1 with a rifle (AR15 or similar) if you choose.
- Start position on all stages will be muzzle touching table or barrel, so holsters are not mandatory
- None of the stages require, or allow, any running
- We will support as many divisions as needed
- We will support as many categories as you can think of
- True 3 gun will be using shotgun on stage 3, PCC or pistol on stage 2, and rifle on stage 1
- Non-Shotgun 3 gun will be shot using pistol on stage 3, PCC on stage 2, and rifle on stage 1
- But you can shoot any combo you want. One popular combo so far is PCC, PCC, and Rifle
- Pre-registration is required
Stage 1 will be on the rifle range. All 60 targets will be 6" x 6" squares. If you're using a rifle(s) you will be shooting from 50 yards, if you're using a PCC you'll be shooting from 25 yards. If you're using a pistol or shotgun you'll be shooting from 10 yards minimum.
Stage 2 will be in pit 5 and the targets will be 8"circles or larger. If you're using a PCC you'll be shooting from 15 yards. If you're using a pistol or shotgun you'll be shooting from 10 yards minimum.
Stage 3 will be in pit 7 and the targets will be mostly US poppers, full size poppers and probably a Texas star. If you're using a PCC, pistol or shotgun you'll be shooting from 10 yards minimum.
Sign up will be at the big shed in the back pits and will be from 8:15 am until 8:30 am. The match briefing will begin at 8:45 and we'll be shooting at 9:00 am. I would bet we will be finished and have everything put away by lunch time if everyone pitches in.
If I think of any other details to pass along or a question gets asked repeatedly I will post information here as the week goes on.
Sunday, August 1, 2021
We will be hosting this month's Multigun Match sponsored by CMC Triggers on August 8th. It will be 5-6 stages depending on participation and all 3 guns will be used. We will be using slugs, rifle and shotgun slings, this match, and we do expect to use most of, if not all, of the 200 yards available on the rifle range. The match fee will be $25 -$30 depending on the number of stages.
The match day schedule is as follows:
7:00 finish set up (help is always appreciated)
8:00 registration begins
8:30 registration ends (anyone arriving after 8:30 is a spectator)
8:45 mandatory match briefing
9:00 shooting begins
The divisions are as follows:
3 Gun Tac Ops
3 Gun Limited
3 Gun Open Not point series eligible
2 Gun Pistol/Rifle Not point series eligible
2 Gun Pistol/PCC Not point series eligible
2x4 Not point series eligible
The link to practiscore is https://practiscore.com/