York's first Falling Steel Match is announced!

On October 14th and 15th, York will be hosting our first Falling Steel Match. The match will be a half day format, and consist of 6 stages of 25-35 falling steel targets each. There are 9 gun categories, as well as team options, and you can shoot more than one time slot with the same or different guns.

Think FunShoot on steroids and on the clock!

For more details and the application, go to http://tinyurl.com/York-Falling-Steel

Thursday, April 19, 2012

My target bag

I was at the range the other day and it occured to me that not everyone carries a "target bag" to practice.  It is really handy and somehow I assumed everyone had one, but that is not the case.

I have a gym bag kind of thing.  I guess technically it is a cheap fishing tackle bag probably from Walmart.  In it I keep things that really come in handy for practicing a wide variety of things.  Here's my list:

Tan pasters for IPSC targets
White pasters for no-shoots, and lots of other things
Black pasters for hard cover and lots of other things
1", 2", and 3" orange self adhesive target spots which have a million uses
6" round "Shoot and See" self adhesive targets
Plain white paper to put target spots on
Maybe some preprinted targets
A can of white  or grey spray paint
Stapler
Staples
Binoculars (sometimes they're handier than a spotting scope)

From this bag I am pretty self sufficient and can accomodate a wide range of goals from precision to speed, with a variety of firearms at any range up to 300 yards or more.

No comments: