Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My thoughts on shotgun ammo

I fielded a couple questions lately on shotgun ammo so I'll post about it.

For the majority of multigun shooting I use 7.5 shot, and most people I know do.  I use Winchester bulk pack from Walmart for most practicing.  I use Winchest AA 1300fps, ounce and an eigth load also from Walmart for matches because it is a litle more reliable, and it is worth the cost in my opinion.   Remington STS ammo is as good as AA and maybe even better but harder to find.

I use Remington Reduced Recoil 1 ounce slugs, and they work well and are accurate.

It's also advisable to have some Fiocchi spreaders in your bag just in case you run into something right in your face.  Again 7.5s.

I also carry a box of 6s in case I run into some steel that's hard to knock down, but they're not legal everywhere.  They're not at York for instance.

No comments: