Monday, August 24, 2009

A story with a happy ending

One of my friends sent me this and I thought it was good enough to share. It's the usual story of an anti-gun government screwing over a law abiding citizen, but this one has a happy ending due to my friend's family's tenacity.

About 5 years ago some shitbird robbed my gramp. The drug addled loser in question worked for the cleaning service we hired to clean gramp's house. They robbed him when he went to FLA for the winter. My gramp has since died. There was a bust in Vernon NY by the state police and this gun ended up on the evidence table press shot where we spotted it the newspaper. We inquired and sure enough it was Gramp's. This pistol was manufactured in 1951 and it is NRA 95% at least. I'm positive the Troopers were not going to tell us they recoverd it. My dad and uncle went to the barracks, filled out the paperwork and began a 5 year battle to recover this gun. It was clear from the outset that they really did not intend to return this gun. But my uncle jumped thru all the hoops and having worked for the troopers for 30 years, was able to get the investigator to finally release this gun. Dad picked it up friday and I shot it yesterday and gave her a good cleaning. I'm proud of my family for standing up to NY and fighting for gramp's gun. They gave it to me and it is the one gun I will never part with. My children's children will enjoy this gun.

No comments: