Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb Funshoot is on!

Thanks to herculean efforts, we have pits 1 and 2 available for use. We can make a shoot out of that! The weather this week is a bit dicey, but Saturday looks like a potential heat wave. That will of course mean lots of mud, so come dressed for that.

I am going to run a short, 4 stage course of clays, 2 kinds of paper and a surprise target, consisting of 36 to 42 rounds, and charge $10 to shoot for score. After you shoot it for score, you can shoot it for fun for another $5, as many times as we can fit you in. We may change up some of the targets, like Bullseys vs. ppc vs. critters vs. cans etc. just to keep it interesting, and you can run clays several times to practice for next month.

I'll be at the range by 9:00am to setup, such as it is, and I will form and send out squads one at a time, with individual briefings, as folks show up or return, until 12:00 or 1:00 or so, depending on interest. We did this at last months' Steel Challenge, and it worked pretty well for this type of format.

If at all possible, car pool, parking in the back is limited, and the access road is only 1 lane, with one pull off for passing at the trap house. You can park at the clubhouse and join up to go rearward. I was going to run a shuttle bus, but it broke down, I'm working on an alternative, but I don't know if I will succeed.

For any questions, comment to this posting, or email me at iwlafunshoot1@comcast.net

g

No comments: