Saturday, August 13, 2011

Impending weather

The weather is weighing heavily upon my mind. I am not prepared to cancel tomorrow's match at this point but I do want to inform you of the possibility. We do not give in easily at York and at this point we are moving full speed ahead towards having the match as planned. We are however making preparations and contingency plans.

A. If you are signed up for this match, but are making a long trip and want to cancel out we will not hold it against you. Please email us at and let us know so we can inform the people on the waiting list.

B. If the weather that is forecast does in fact occur we reserve the right to cancel the match or shorten the match to the 7 stages already set up in the back pits. We do not intend to do it, but we would rather run and shoot 7 stages in 2-3 hours than 12 stages in the 4-5 it could take if it's raining.

C. Please check your email in the morning before setting off. I get off work between midnight and 2:00am this morning. I will assess the current data again at that time which should lead me to a more informed decision. I will send an email and post to the blog one way or the other, so before you set off in the morning you will have some idea what to expect.

D. If it looks like we are shooting, and it may rain, be prepared. Bring towels, rain jackets, umbrellas, trash bags etc.

No comments: