Thursday, February 19, 2015

3M3G Postponed

The York 3 Man 3 Gun will be postponed until Saturday, March 28th due to ice accumulation on the ranges.  I have studied the conditions at length and looked at the 10 day forecast and I don't believe there is any way we can safely host a match less than three weeks from now.  I wanted to give you as much notice as possible.

I have been anxiously watching the conditions and feel it is better to pull the plug sooner rather than later since there is little to no hope of improvement in the near future.  There has been a series of thaws and refreezes that have left us with up to 6 inches of ice covering almost all of the surface on most of our ranges.  There is only one day of the next 10 that is forecast above freezing and 2 with potential for more snow or wintry mix.

We will be planning on using our first alternative date of Saturday, March 28th to hold the scheduled match.  I know this won't suit everyone and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  We will be refunding entry fees as necessary.  If you would like an immediate refund let me know.  However, if some of your team can make it we encourage them to attend and we'll match up the loose parts as well as possible.  Also, if you want to wait until closer to the 28th, to see if we can have the match that day please do.  It is possible we will not be able to shoot that day either.

I'll keep you informed as much as possible, Howard


Matthew Schnell said...

Is it still possible to register for this match?

Stephen Pineau said...

Is this match full?

Howard C. Thompson said...

This match is full, but there are a couple teams that our down a member because of the postponement. Email me at hkbrt@verizon(dot)net and let me know if you are an indivdual or a team and I'll see what we can do to squeeze you in. Howard