Saturday, May 10, 2008

A funny thing happened at the match today....

Well, when I left work at 2:30am the stars were out so I felt pretty good about our chances for having the match. At 8:00am when I got up it didn't look so good. I called Dan and told him to drag his feet and have everyone hold fast for a decision upon my arrival. When I got to the club it was still raining and no one was too thrilled about the prospect of shooting in the rain except for JT. I think he might be some kind of masochist. Anyway, a lot of people had driven a long distance to shoot so we decided we were going to cancel the match and shoot some steel from under cover. So we set up 40 pieces of steel on the rifle range. Paul S. always busts his butt for us. Here's the picture to prove it. Then we decided we needed some shotgun stuff on pit 1. Then, a lot of the shooters left....
...and it quit raining! So we decided to set up the back 4 pits and shoot the match!!! Here's Ben shooting first in our team relay on Pit 4.
Rob B. shooting in Pit 6. 36 people stuck it out and were rewarded with no rain to speak of. We shot 6 stages amazingly without bags. It sprinkled just the slightest bit towards the end of the day. But don't look for results. We left the scoresheets in the stat shack and just shot for fun. And I think everyone did have a great time. Thanks to all that stayed and sorry to all those who left. We did the best we could with the hand that was dealt us.

No comments: