Monday, June 9, 2008

June match pics

As if winning the limited division, designing the match, setting up in the morning, and enduring the heat wasn't enough Paul M. managed to take a bunch of match pictures for the blog as well. Here's the first installment. Jan Barnes ripping it up on Pit 7. ROed by Dave R.
Wally P. moving out on Pit 1. Again Dave R. ROs.
Dave S. shooting one of the three tables on pit 5. ROs John Z. and Jim S. From what I hear everyone really enjoyed the three tables. Big run and guns are great, but I think there is room in our sport for all kinds of courses. This match certainly included the whole spectrum.

I don't have the complete results, and it doesn't appear they're posted yet, but the preliminary results showed Paul M. winning Limited, Rod E. winning Open, Greg J. winning Production, Brian C. winning L10, and I got lucky and took Carbine. That carbine shooting is a ton of fun. If you don't have one yet you need one.

2 comments:

Tom Gallup said...

Thanks for all the hard work, it was a fun and challenging match. The little speed shoots were different from what we normally see, but added a unique level of enjoyment...

Paul M said...

Here it is Monday afternoon and I hope everyone has cooled down since yesterday. I would like to thank all the guys who helped with setup last Saturday, especially Robert King who drove all the way up there to help and didn't even shoot the match. As Howard has said many times, we are very lucky to have such a group to draw from. I hope everyone enjoyed the stages and from the few of the shooters that came up to me it's seems to have been a success.
This is my 19th year playing this game and it still is exciting as the day I started. IPSC shooters have got to be some of the greatest people in the world and I hope we'll all around for a long,long time.
A special thanks to Howard for his decication to our sport and all his hard work.
You all take care and hope to see you at the next match.