Sunday, September 20, 2009

My DQ

Well, I promised I would tell you what happened to me at Nationals, and I'm tired of explaining it one person at a time so here's the story.


On the second stage we had to start facing uprange with hands at sides. I heard the signal turned and drew and heard the stop command.

The RO DQed me for breaking the 180 on the draw. I couldn't believe it. Still don't. But it's not an arbitration where you stand a chance, so I didn't.

Now I'm sure a lot of shooters who get DQed don't believe they did it, but everyone in attendance didn't think I did it either. I talked to one of the RMs who even said that guy was a jerk. Later he was removed from the stage from making too many questionable calls. But that still didn't get me back in the match.

The moral of the story is some ROs get off on disqualifying shooters. They can't shoot, and probably have no authority at work or at home so they finally get a chance to be somebody important and they do it by being a jerk. So you need to be extra careful to not give them a chance. Don't live on the edge. Be so safe that there's no way they can get you. That was my mistake. I was probably too close to the edge, and let some jerkweed get me.

H-

No comments: