You may now sign up for the 2016 Sensibly Armed Point Series hosted by York IWLA #67. There are only 50 slots available for the point series. I expect it to fill very quickly. I will be going by post mark to determine who is in and who is on the waiting list. Last year was a great success. It was fun and made our matches much more interesting, and our very generous sponsors and great competition gave the shoot-off at the end a bit of real excitement.
We’re making some changes for this year:
- There will still be 6 matches, April through September, but only 4 will count. You may use your best 4 of the 6, or you may miss 2 without penalty.
- None of the component matches are included in the Point Series entry fees, but you will get an early chance to sign up for the matches so you don't get shut out (with the exception of June, and those apps are already out).
- The point structure will change a little. Now instead of all matches being worth 50 points each they will be worth 10 points per stage. Most matches will be 6 stages and thus worth 60 points. The June match or Mid-Atlantic Multi-Gun Championship will be 7 stages and be valued at 70 points, making it slightly more important. If we have any 5 stage matches they will be worth only 50 points.
- The entry fee for the Point Series will be $100, and does not include any entries to individual matches. This will give us additional funds for supplementing the Point Series prize table and for Shoot-Off payouts.
- The prize table will be for the Point Series (not the Shoot-Off) and everyone in the Point Series will be eligible for prizes in order of finish. Prizes will be given to everyone who participates in order of finish first to last. If you can’t be there someone will be allowed to pick for you.
- Shoot-Off prizes will be cash, and will be generous. We have not determined the exact structure of payouts yet, but the Point Series and Shoot-Off are to be 100% payback. We won’t keep any of this money for the club.
- The top 16 Point Series finishers will be invited to take part in the Shoot-Off, as will the top 2 Seniors, Super Seniors, Ladies, and Juniors.
- The top finishing Seniors will shoot the Shoot-Off first and the winner will then shoot against the 16th seed and may take his spot in the Shoot-Off with a win.
- The top finishing Super Seniors will shoot the Shoot-Off second and the winner will then shoot against the 15th seed and may take his spot in the Shoot-Off with a win.
- The top finishing Ladies will shoot the Shoot-Off third and the winner will then shoot against the 14th seed and may take his spot in the Shoot-Off with a win.
- The top finishing Juniors will shoot the Shoot-Off fourth and the winner will then shoot against the 13th seed and may take his spot in the Shoot-Off with a win.
We have already heard back from a lot of sponsors this year. Many of last year’s sponsors are returning, and we have some new ones already. If you have a lead on any others who may be interested in sponsoring our Point Series please let me or Sponsor Coordinator Buddy Knight know as soon as possible. Last year's prize table was impressive but we want to eclipse it this year.
To enter our Point Series all I need you to do is mail a check made out for $100 to “York Izaak Walton #67” to Howard C. Thompson 53 N Main St. Stewartstown PA 17363. If you're a senior, super senior, lady or junior let me know on a quick note in the envelope.
If you haven’t sent in your application for the Mid-Atlantic Multi-Gun Championship in June you may send them together. It is very close to full. This match is an optional component match of the Point Series, has it’s own generous payouts and is filling up quickly. If you don't get in you may still shoot the point series. You only need 4 of 6 matches. Don’t miss out. The application for that match is http://tinyurl.com/2016MAMGCApp