Saturday, February 28, 2009

Funshoot good and bad

In a word, WOW! What a turnout! I am increasingly impresed with the turnout and attitude we are getting, especially given the weather. And you folks are just tooooo good, even Tee Time wasn't the total disaster it should have been.

On a bad note: Today, I caught one of the new shooters using a rock, and a shooting bench to add up their score, rather than a pencil and paper. I should have thrown him off the club grounds on the spot. I didn't want to cause a "scene". The more I thought about this, the angrier I got. You can bet your butt if I see or learn of this behavor again, from anyone, they will be gone as fast as I can throw them. I am proud to have a bunch of very dedicated and respectful shooters to play with every month, you are really a class act. This type of behavoir, befitting a high school punk, is a slap in the face to all of us, and will NOT be tolerated.

It is personally disturbing, and shakes me to my core, to have this kind of confrontation with anyone. The person in question has been informed he is not welcome to shoot with us again. As will anyone else who disrespects the club, its grounds, or it's guests.

2 comments:

ALBY said...

great job today gary. you have the funshoot on an impressive trajectory.

Anonymous said...

Just a note from a newcomer to the fun shoots and USPSA in general....these fun shoots are ALWAYS fun and safe and run very professionally. I, for one, appreciate the work that goes into these shoots and look forward to comming to many, many more.