Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thank you fun shooters!

All you Fun Shooters, I hope you had a great time today at Gary's Halloween extravaganza, and I want to thank you for giving us some of your time to prepare for the impending disaster.  If Sandy decides to flood us I think we are as ready as we can be.   I feel like we'll be pretty safe with anything up to 3 feet of water over the banks, and it is rare for that to happen, though possible.  I know we wouldn't be this ready without you.

I had a lot of fun today (I always find fun shoots relaxing) and thoroughly enjoyed talking to a lot of you.  I had two topics come up quite often and thought I might address them here:

1. What do I have to do to join?  Joining Izaak Walton is easy.  We need you to fill out an application available at http://yorkiwla.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/iwlaapp6-2012.pdf  then attend an orientation where we show potential members around the club and show them what we have to offer, and discuss the rules.  We have one scheduled every month, and can do special orientations if needed.  Then submit your application and a check.  We vote on your application at the board meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, and by the 3rd Tuesday you're in.  We're always looking for new members.  Feel free to email me at hkbrt@verizon.net if you have more questions.

2. How do I get more involved with the pistol committee?  The pistol committee is actually a fairly active committee and we communicate a lot by email.  Just email me and tell me to put you on the "pistol committee list" and you're in.  You'll receive emails about our work details, set ups, and shoots.  I really don't care if you're a Izaak Walton member or not.  If you want to work come do it. If you want to shoot with us you can be one of our guests.  That being said, membership has it's privileges.  Again, email me if you havbe more questions.

We look forward to seeing you all again next year, and having another great Fun Shoot season in 2013.  I'm sure Gary will come up with even more great ideas, but I know he's always open to suggestions.  Don't hesistate to email him with your thoughts.

1 comment:

Gary S said...

I couldn't' be more proud, my funshooters is the best shooters!

Thanks you all for our best year yet, and for all the help after the shoot today, we couldn't have done it without you.
We will be back stronger than ever next year, and its your fault!

Score are ready, I'll post them tomorrow, so I don't bury this note from H
g