York's first Falling Steel Match is announced!

On October 14th and 15th, York will be hosting our first Falling Steel Match. The match will be a half day format, and consist of 6 stages of 25-35 falling steel targets each. There are 9 gun categories, as well as team options, and you can shoot more than one time slot with the same or different guns.

Think FunShoot on steroids and on the clock!

For more details and the application, go to http://tinyurl.com/York-Falling-Steel

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Steel Challenge Sunday

There are currently 45 guns signed up for the SC on Sunday. There are a few more slots available, but I wouldn't wait too long to get signed up if you haven't already.

A couple observations:
- Carbine is huge. Everyone must have realized how fun it is.
- Both Rimfire Scoped and Iron sighted are very popular too. Everyone must have figured out how inexpensive 22s are when compared to centerfire.
- Everyone can't shoot on Robby Orent's squad. I understand he launched some kind of Facebook page campaign. Many thanks to Robby for promoting our match, but there are going to be about 20 disappointed people. (and 6 or 7 lucky ones, and I can be bribed)

The weather forecast is for clear but cool Saturday. It's going to be a great day to shoot rimfire or carbine. Besides the reasons stated above, you don't need a holster and belt for rimfire or carbine. I'll just carry my mags in my jacket pocket, and my pistol in a gun rug, and I'll stay toasty warm. look at me, using my head for something other than a hat rack this time.

3 comments:

Jeremy M said...

Who's Robby Orent?

Anonymous said...

Robby stealing your thunder

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious.

Jeremy don't hate, you so were the first who wanted to shoot with me!!! ;)~

Mr. Thompson,

If you have a bunch of slots still open, I can forward your match details to our local club down here.

Thank you,

Robby