York's first Falling Steel Match is announced!

On October 14th and 15th, York will be hosting our first Falling Steel Match. The match will be a half day format, and consist of 6 stages of 25-35 falling steel targets each. There are 9 gun categories, as well as team options, and you can shoot more than one time slot with the same or different guns.

Think FunShoot on steroids and on the clock!

For more details and the application, go to http://tinyurl.com/York-Falling-Steel

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Smith & Wesson M&P

20 years ago when the Glock was introduced it crushed S&W. They had one failed attempt to make a polymer frame gun with the Sigma, and another unsucessful try with the SW99 even though it was a fair gun. This time they got it right. I have been a glock guy for a while, but after the last match I shot Pat C.'s M&P. You've probably read all the hype about it. It was featured in every gun magazine around. It lives up to all of it. I picked mine up yesterday and Ben and I tried it today. It's a great gun. S&W improved on the wonder pistol. It has steel sights and a better trigger than the Glock and much better ergonomics. If you're looking for a production gun you can't do any better. At $485 with two mags, grip inserts and a nice case they're a bargain.

Here's something about it you may not know. Buy one before April 30th and a part of their "Spring Spectacular" S&W will give you a $50 rebate and two more hi-cap mags. They come in all kinds of calibers and configurations but hurry, they're not easy to find.

In PA I suggest "Artistic Edges" 717-741-1750. Tell Joe Howard sent you and he'll take good care of you.

In MD try "The Christian Soldier" at 410-661-2666. Tell Rob I sent you. He looks out for my guys too.

Aren't they both weird names for gun shops?

3 comments:

gary said...

I dunno, I find my STI "Edge" quite "Artistic"...

ALBY said...

SOLD... I'm buying one

Anonymous said...

I had purchased a Sigma in .40 cal last fall. It was my first handgun larger than a .22. I was very disappointed with the trigger pull on the Sigma.
Several weeks ago New Freedom Armory had a S&W weekend where you could try any S&W firearm for the price of the ammo. I tried the M&P .40 and was amazed at the difference. I traded up to the M&P. What a difference. It shoots great. I wanted to use it at the last fun shoot but my extra mags hadn't arrived yet. I will use it next time.