Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Florida Open


Kirk M. soaking up the sun and imparting his wisdom on us.


Recognize the guy I'm with? I hadn't seen Russell in a while. We missed him.


Rob B. airgunning stage 5.

Well, we're back from Florida. The weather sure was a lot nicer there. It was in the 70's and 80's and so much sun that we all got sunburned. That is one tough match! A lot of long shots, like plates at 25 yards, and a lot of underclassed, and very good foreign competitors. Greg and I had really clean, very nice matches, and still didn't finish well in our classes. The other guys, well they either were not prepared or things just didn't go the way they would have liked. Like I said, it was a very tough match. Needless to say I picked up some ideas for our matches at York. If you would like to see results they are at www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/main.html

Ben, Kirk and I shot Open. And I didn't do so bad for shooting a gun that has a dot, and jams once in a while. I think I'm done with that for a while. Greg, Russell, Rob, Jeff, and Eric all shot production. The match gave away 120 guns. A bunch to winners of various divisions, categories, and classes, and a bunch randomly, but none of us won anything. Maybe next match.

H-

No comments: